Friday, January 21, 2011

ALMOST A YEAR TO THE DAY SINCE MY LAST POST - SHEEEEIT

I knew this would happen. This blog was supposed to be a chronicle of the tour-life of The Mighty Stef. Almost a year has passed since i last posted. Shameful!!! - Since then i have travelled to many places, fun times in the USA, Germany, Italy and a summer's worth of great festivals [Reading and Leeds were highlights]. Parted company with Bren, Steve, Dan and Hog. Brian, Gary and Myself then flew the flag with the occasional addition of Colm. TMS & The Baptists was released in Ireland in December and then everywhere else just last week. We are about to embark on yet another tour of Germany followed by Scandanavia, followed by SXSW and a possible US tour. So basically, it is, once again, my desire to try and keep a little blog about whats going on. Well see if it works out.

I have been writing a lot of new material and its pretty certain that album number 4 will be recorded this year. Im already really excited at the prospects of that. The rulebook is getting burnt for this one, im sure all bands say that from time to time, I really mean it. Many songs written, many more in the works. All good stuff too.

Last year i listened to a lot of Television Personalities, Talking Heads and Velvet Underground, I played about a million gigs. I released one album with my friends 'The Baptists' and the album that inspired me most was 'Queen Of Denmark' by John Grant. Critically my work is unacclaimed and largely undiscovered by the wider audiences. Thats fine. I have a long way to go yet, I have barely started.


No comments:

Post a Comment