Thursday, September 17, 2009

DAY EIGHT - HAMBURG NIGHTS

My second last German show took place at Hasenschaukel, a magical little venue all decked out like something from Alice In Wonderland. really nice spot. The staff and sound-man here were among the friendliest of the whole tour. They also made us some food, im not sure what it was but it tasted amazing, i think it may possibly been the healthiest thing ive eaten, not only on a tour, but in my entire life.

The gig itself was good, not my favourite ever but nothing negative to say about it either. just a solid bit of singing and playing. The crowd were attentive for the most part and it was a good all-round experience.

Im gonna try my hand at a cover of Laying up with Linda by GG Alin. My mate Ruairi recommended it to me haing seen the Leonheads cover it at the weekend, the lemonheads version of it is amazing too. its a song i really wanna sing. Speaking of covers, looking ahead to my show in Halden, Norway tomorrow night im gonna be joined onstage by Christian from a Norwegian band called Gringo Bandido with whom im gonna be doing a split 7" with in the near future on Borderline Records. I think were gonna do a couple of druggy standards like Dead Flowers and Waitin for the man, we may even work in a compulsive gamblers song. shoule be fun.

Anyway, speaking about Norway at this point is very much like putting the cart before the horse...One more gig in Germany tonight. Kiel is the town, Prinz Willy is the curiously-titled venue...im expecting the gaffer to be a German version of Wilhem Schmidtt.

The tour so far has been magic. Thanks to the hard work of Michael and Frank from Tonetoaster Records. They have made life so easy for me and their company has made touring a pleasure. I wonder how it feels to baby-sit an 18 stone bearded baby??..hopefully ill never have to find out.

Ill miss hamburg but im happy to be getting out alive, im sure the bum-bag wearing prozzies and kebab shops have been the death of manys a more honest sailor than I....fare..thee..well!!!

PROST MUTHAFUKKAZ!!!

PROST MUTHAFUKKAZ!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment