Friday, September 11, 2009

Day Two - Dortmund

Having just about managed to catch my train I set off to the town of Bielefeld where I was met by the Tonetoaster Boys. We went and hung out at Franks apartment for a couple of hours. There I did another interview for a radio station in Hamburg.  Following a bit of a chat with the lads and something to eat i was bound for Dortmund with my acting tour-manager Michael, or German Mick, or Mick The German. It was short enough drive of about  1 hour but I was seriously beginning to fade in the car drifting in and out of the deepest darkest of sleeps for seconds at a time. It was a wierd sensation. 

My salvation came on arrival at the venue, a large bottle of beer and a cup of black coffee consumed in alternate mouthfuls... It really did the trick. Another great treat was watchin the German ladies team thrash England in the final of the womens European football championships....football football football...ladies ladies LADIES!!!!...Anyhow, the venue was called Subrosa, it was really nice and very much geared towards an acoustic show, the sound was great the audience were very attentive and appreciative and it was a good night. The curfew was 10pm so we were on the road again by 11 and we arrived back at my lodgings for the night in Langenberg at the house of the Schellers, Franks parents. They were lovely people and greeted me with a cold bottle of Guinness, i repayed thier hospitality later that evening by accidentally walking into their bedroom thinking it was the jax!!! 

Day two was tame but really fun. Tonight we go to Dusseldorf and get to stay there overnight. already looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment